Tuesday 17 January 2012

Lee


Lee, originally uploaded by DrFireball.

Very pleasant evening with a friend.

Lee came over and lent me some DVD's - the side of the box being perfect inspiration for this one (original shot was of Clint Eastwood).

Second set up - other one can be seen on my flickr stream below this. This was shot using a Damian McGillicuddy 19 inch beauty dish literally just off camera right. Set up against a lastolite black pop-up background but as I was shooting at f1.2 with 1/1250 shutter speed I am sure the black background was irrelevant.
I have been finding love once again for speedlites - having become a fan of the bigger elinchrom stuff - both ranger's and quadra's.
What you cannot do with those so well though is shoot with such control over the hypersync to allow apertures as wide as this.
Sure I have a ST4 PW that allows me to go beyond the max sync with the ranger but that thing has to be near max power - fine for outside when battling the sun but would have fried Lee's face.

All the attitude and pensiveness kindly provided by a wonderful chap I can happily refer to as friend and colleague.

All in all much better way of spending the evening than watching reruns on DVD!

Cheers

DrF

No comments: